Skateboards are not only fun to ride, but they can also be used as one-of-a-kind wall art. There are a variety of appealing and practical options to get your skateboard hanging on wall, and many of them can be done by one person.
If you are wondering how to hang a skateboard on the wall horizontally, I can show you the necessary steps. Just read on.
Table of Contents
Tools to Hang Skateboard Deck on Wall Horizontally
Using wall mounts can make the decks appear to be floating, which creates a super-nice effect. But first, you have to prepare the necessary tools to make your mounting hassle-free.
- Electric Drill—A drill is a tool that is used to create round holes and drive fasteners.
- Bolts—Mechanical fasteners that are typically used in conjunction with a nut to join two or more pieces.
- Washers and nuts
- Screwdriver—A tool that is normally operated by hand and is used to turn screws with slotted heads.
- Spanner—This wrench is a tool that provides grip to turn or stop rotating objects, mainly rotary fasteners like nuts and bolts.
- Measuring Tape—A hand tool used to measure distance or size.
- Marker—You should have pens or pencils to draw or mark lines that will serve as your guide.
- Two plywood plates (around 2 x 3.4 inches). You should make three holes on each plate – two at the bottom, one at the top.
Now that you have prepared all the necessary things, it is now time to start displaying your favorite deck on your wall. Let’s get started.
Mount Skateboard to Wall Step by Step
For both plywood plates, the following tasks must be completed:
- Step 1: The first thing to do isto insert the long bolts through the back of the plywood plate’s bottom two holes.
- Step 2: Place a washer over each of the bolts on the front side of the plate and secure them with a nut. A spanner can be used for tightening these nuts.
- Step 3: Place two more nuts on the long bolts and tighten them until they are about halfway down the bolts.
- Step 4: The distance between the holes on your skateboard deck must then be measured. You can use a tape measure to get the right measurement you need.
- Step 5: Once you are done measuring the distance, mark the spots for the screws on the wall. You can either use a marker or a pencil to do this task.
- Step 6: There should be two spots, one for each plywood plate; secure the plates carefully.
- Step 7: Once done with the above step, you are now ready to install your board on the wall.
- Step 8: It is important to remember that you must first remove the trucks from your deck. By doing this, you can easily slide your skateboard deck onto the bolts after removing the trucks and wheels. As a result, this will be a huge help in making the process go more smoothly.
- Step 9: Slide the deck as close to the dome nuts as possible after screwing the dome nuts into the ends of the long bolts.
- Step 10: Tighten the nuts behind the board. Use a spanner to ensure that this is done properly.
That’s it. You have completed the whole process. If you were not able to do it nicely, you can go back and make adjustments.
Additionally, you can also hang skateboards using rope and a fishing line. If you are planning to hang your skateboard vertically instead of horizontally, these are the best options.
How to hang a skateboard on the wall horizontally? You can hang them using wall mounts like we did above, or hooks. Your imagination is your limit. Just make sure that you do the process properly to ensure that the deck will not fall at any moment.
I hope this article was able to help you display your board.
Did I miss something? Comment down below.
Hi, I am Charles Harris. I opened this site to write as much as I can about my biggest passion – skateboarding!
I started as a clumsy yet passionate rookie 10 years ago to now a still passionate yet much better skateboarder! But I have to tell you, the whole journey has always been fun and rewarding, indeed not without hardship.