Anyone can’t help but feel ecstatic when they and their favorite series characters have something in common. It can be a physical attribute, a way of clothing, or something your heroes use.
If you’re a fan of Hunter x Hunter, we’re sure you have at least one favorite character. And if it happens to be Killua Zoldyck, you better be asking, “what type of skateboard does Killua have?”.
Killua’s skateboard is like a classic street skateboard with a tail shaped closest to a bowl skateboard.
Table of Contents
About Killua Zoldyck
Watching the famous Hunter x Hunter, most viewers’ attention will focus on Gon, the main character. But if you’re a fan of the series and skateboarding, you’ll see a much brighter spot for Killua.
Killua started to train to become one of the best assassins in his family. At an early age, he mastered several techniques, which didn’t put him in the exact position his family wanted. He then decided to abandon them to take the Hunter Exam, where we all saw a Killua with skateboard.
What Skateboard Does Killua Use
Because of the series’ graphics, Killua’s skateboard looks like a typical popsicle street board. But after many interpretations, most Killua action figures came out with a combination of street and bowl decks.
Looking at the anime skateboard, you’ll see:
- A popsicle shape is characterized by a rounded nose and a straight body to the back.
- Its tail comes slightly sharp with identifiable corners and barely curved ends. Also, this part comes raised at an angle higher than the nose.
So, we can say that Killua uses a unique skateboard from the one we see on the streets and skate parks. But I think we can agree that it’s more like a street skateboard than any other type.
Killua’s Skateboard’s Look
If you haven’t gone to the episodes with Killua skateboarding, let me describe the piece for you.
- You’ll only see two colors on a Killua Zoldyck skateboard; red and yellow.
- On the tail is a solid red color connected to a red arrow parallel to the length of the skateboard.
- The arrow’s tip ends somewhere over the front wheels.
- And behind the color of the tail and pointer print is a bright yellow finish.
Can I Have My Version of Killua’s Skateboard Too
In terms of the exact dimensions of the deck, trucks, and wheels, it may be impossible to replicate Killua’s skateboard because the film doesn’t discuss it.
Also, we can’t be sure if there is a unique Killua skateboard grip tape because of the film’s graphics. But if you want to re-do the design, kindly follow this tutorial.
1. What you need
- Spray paints – It’s best to use paint from spray bottles when imitating Killua’s skateboard’s colors for a better and more even application.
- Don’t worry about the cost because you only need two colors to complete the process.
- Masking tape – We’ll use these adhesives to lay out the shape of the areas we need to color. Make sure you’re using a roll of masking tape that sticks firmly so that no paint leakage occurs later.
- A street skateboard – As mentioned, a Killua skateboard deck looks more like a street board. But if you have a different skateboard and only want to copy the design on his stepping surface, that would not be a problem.
For the bottom components, such as the trucks and wheels, try not to compromise the skateboard’s overall performance by using the most appropriate wheels and trucks.
2. How to replicate Killua’s skateboard’s look
- Step 1: Start by filling the supposed red areas with masking tape. You can also apply the latter on the edges of the deck to preserve the natural wood look of the skateboard.
- Step 2: Gently spray yellow paint on the stepping surface without the masking tape. Let it dry based on the paint bottle’s instructions.
- Step 3: Remove the masking tapes applied on the tail and arrow area.
- Step 4: Cover the yellow-painted surface to leave the skateboard’s tail and arrow open.
- Step 5: Spray the red paint on the tail and the arrow areas. Let it dry as instructed by the brand.
- Step 6: Remove the masking tapes on the deck’s stepping surface and edges.
Seeing your favorite fictional character do your hobby in real life gives you a different drive to upskill and improve. And like Killua, you can also be as skilled with practice and persistence.
So, if the young kids ask you, “what type of skateboard does Killua have?” tell them it’s a combination of street and bowl skateboards. Achieving Killua’s skateboard is also easy with the steps shared above.
Hi, I am Charles Harris. I opened this site to write as much as I can about my biggest passion – skateboarding!
I started as a clumsy yet passionate rookie 10 years ago to now a still passionate yet much better skateboarder! But I have to tell you, the whole journey has always been fun and rewarding, indeed not without hardship.